2014 Little Hoosiers Basketball Academy Session I
9 a.m. - Noon
2014 Little Hoosiers Basketball Academy Session II
2014 Little Hoosiers Basketball Academy Session III
9 a.m. - Noon
2014 Little Hoosiers Basketball Academy Session IV
2014 Family Fantasy Weekend
All camps open to all and any entrants
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
- Phone: 1-812-855-2238
- E-Mail: For Further Information!
- Register On-Line: Coming Soon!
- Download Camp Brochure: Coming Soon!
ALREADY THINKING ABOUT CAMPS IN 2015? CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP TO RECEIVE INFORMATION AS SOON AS IT BECOMES AVAILABLE! You can also follow us on Facebook and on TWitter to receive the latest camp information!
A Message from Indiana Coach Tom Crean:
When I accepted the position of Head Basketball Coach at Indiana University five years ago I knew that building a great basketball program would take time. That's because great teams are made of great players - and great players aren't born great, they're DEVELOPED. The success our team enjoyed the last couple seasons - including the 2013 Big Ten Championship - was a direct result of the hard work, dedication, and practice/preparation that each player and coach put into each and every day. While our players are among the best collegiate players in the nation, their skills and ability must be tested every day for them to reach their potential. It's no coincidence that our players' basic set of skills and their passion for playing the great sport of basketball were developed at a young age - long before they arrived on our campus. Our summer basketball camps and experiences are offered to address these very things: introducing and improving basketball skills and fueling our participants' passion for the game and specifically for Indiana Hoosier Basketball!
My coaching staff and I have had the pleasure of coaching hundreds of campers each summer and it's been a thrill to watch them develop through a variety of skill instruction sessions, games, and competitive challenge situations. While maintaining our popular instructional stations and age-based game schedule (culminating in a tournament yielding championship teams from each age group/league), we've elected to offer parents and families the chance to experience Indiana Basketball like never before. There's the opportunity for the parents to lace up their shoes along with their son(s) and/or daughter(s) for the IU Basketball Family Fantasy Weekend. A parent can also choose to 'get away' with their child to watch him learn from me, my coaches, and of course, our players in Tom Crean's Instruction & Competition Camps. Finally, sons and daughters are invited to choose from one of our four sessions of the Little Hoosiers Basketball Academy. In each case, the theme of this year's camp schedule truly is 'focus on the family'! More details regarding each of our camps can be found below, but no matter which camp/camps you select, it will be one of the best camp experiences in the country. Campers will play at both the world-famous Assembly Hall and at our new basketball development center, Cook Hall. Additionally, our campers are taught by the best: the collection of my assistant coaches & support staff, our current players, and former Hoosier players will teach basketball the way it was meant to be played - the Indiana Way!
Please take a few minutes to read about our camp options. Summer will be here before we know it and one thing our team has realized is that their success during the season is a direct result of the work they put in during the off-season. I hope you join us this summer for what promises to be a great opportunity to experience Indiana Hoosier Basketball.
2014 CAMP DESCRIPTIONS
Family Fantasy Weekend
- Aug. 22-24, 2014 - REGISTER NOW!
- Cost: $1,500/pair*
- Check-in:TBA in Cook Hall Lobby
- Note: Space is limited!
- Cost includes one parent/child combo. Up to two additional family members staying in same hotel room can be added for $630 each.
With most families living a fast-paced lifestyle juggling the demands of work and kids' activities it can be difficult to find time for the entire family to come together. So in order to honor the importance of family and to provide you with the opportunity to take time with them the Indiana University Men's Basketball program invites you to experience Hoosier Basketball from the perspective of our athletes.
For 2014 we are happy to continue with our fourth annual IU Basketball Family Fantasy Weekend. This weekend offers the chance for the whole family, moms and daughters included, to get a behind-the-scenes look at Hoosier Basketball. Why should the guys have all the fun, right? Whether you are a dad wanting a get-away with your kids, the Family Fantasy Weekend is just the opportunity.
The experience will be comprised of the training, evaluation, competition, and instruction that our players receive every day. You will eat, play, and learn from Coach Crean, his staff, current, and former players. The weekend will unfold in the storied Assembly Hall and Cook Hall, the new player development center. Additionally, you will analyze film in the Team Meeting Room, dress in the Team Locker Room, exercise in the team's Strength and Conditioning Center, and be interviewed in the Assembly Hall Press Room. Each participant will receive a set of gear as part of their Fantasy Weekend package (included items will be detailed at a later date).
Lodging will be at the Bloomington Comfort Inn (adjacent to the Indiana University campus) and meals will be served at both the hotel and team's facilities.
The Fantasy Weekend is open to all ages and skill levels with the focus being experiencing Indiana Basketball in the manner that a Hoosier player does while also exploring the history of IU Basketball and developing quality family time together.
Registration is limited and the deadline is July 1st, 2014. Don't miss this once-in-a- lifetime opportunity to be a Hoosier!
*If your spouse only wishes to come and watch and not participate in the Family Fantasy Weekend, there will be no cost unless additional rooms are needed.
Instruction & Competition Day Camp
- SESSION I - June 23-26, 2014 -REGISTER NOW!
- SESSION II - June 28-July 1, 2014 - REGISTER NOW!
- Cost: $425 (camp only)
- $300 additional for Stay and Play-covers housing and meals for one camper and one parent
- Check-in: June 23 7:30-8:45 a.m. (Session I), June 28 7:30-8:45 a.m. (Session II), Assembly Hall lobby
- Camp Times: 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Grades 4-12
- If you will be doing the "Stay and Play" option, parent MUST supervise and stay overnight with camper from dismissal of camp each day until the beginning of camp the following day. Includes all-you-can-eat breakfast and dinner buffets at on-site Indiana University Dining Facilities and lunch with the campers (and other parents) at our basketball facilities.
With two separate four-day offerings of our Instruction and Competition Camp we aim to provide a daily schedule that is specifically designed to allow a full day of basketball while accommodating our campers' (and parents') busy summer activity and travel schedules. An enrichment of our successful Day Camps of the past, the Instruction & Competition Camp is designed to emphasize the importance of skill development and the transfer of these specific skills into game play. Both offensive and defensive skills and techniques will be introduced at age- and skill-appropriate levels and a wide variety of team games and skill challenges/contests will be played, including the customary 'league play' culminating with championship tournaments for each age group. Each day's activities will run from 9am to 5pm (with flexible, supervised drop-off and pick-up periods before and after camp activities) and lunch will be included.
Our Stay-and-Play option will allow a camper and a parent the opportunity to stay overnight together on IU's campus. Mom or Dad will stay with their son in the same dormitories that the IU athletes stay in, eat all meals with their son (included in package cost), and receive a camp T-shirt. During camp hours parents are welcome to watch their son enhance his skills in our air-conditioned basketball facilities or simply 'get away' to relax on the campus of one of the nation's most beautiful universities in one of America's great college towns, Bloomington, Indiana. One parent can accompany up to two of their children, additional children will need to be accompanied by a second parent per dorm policy.
The Stay-and-Play camp is recommended for campers who are 4th grade and above who have an understanding of the game of basketball.
If you will be doing the "Stay and Play" option, parent MUST supervise and stay overnight with camper from dismissal of camp each day until the beginning of camp the following day. Includes all-you-can-eat breakfast and dinner buffets at on-site Indiana University Dining Facilities and lunch with the campers (and other parents) at our basketball facilities.
Little Hoosiers Basketball Academy
- Session I - July 16-18, 2014 9 a.m. - Noon - REGISTER NOW!
- Session II - July 16-18, 2014 1:30-4:30 p.m. - REGISTER NOW!
- Session III - July 21-23, 2014 9 a.m. - Noon - REGISTER NOW!
- Session IV - July 21-23, 2014 1:30-4:30 p.m. - REGISTER NOW!
- Open to Boys & Girls Grades K-3
- Cost: $165 (includes basketball and T-shirt)
- Check-in: included in confirmation
Designed specifically to provide a positive, non-competitive environment, The Little Hoosiers Basketball Academy aims to introduce and excite kids about the game of basketball by teaching the basic fundamentals of the game through a variety of drills, contests, and games.
The Indiana Basketball staff and players will provide the instruction and supervision, but parents and babysitters are welcome to stay and perhaps learn a few techniques and drills that they can share with their children throughout their development as basketball players. Each camper will receive a camp T-Shirt, a basketball (water and Gatorade will also be provided), and a mid-morning snack. Please note each session of the LHBA is instructionally the same.
This camp is recommended for K-3rd graders who have little to no basketball experience.
- Campers will compete at historic Assembly Hall, the home of the Indiana University basketball program, as well as the brand new, state-of-the-art Indiana Basketball Development Center.
- The staff will consist of Head Coach Tom Crean, his assistants, current players, former players and several outstanding college and high school coaches from around the country.
- A cancellation must be requested by May 1st for the Family Fantasy Weekend, by June 1st for the Instruction and Competition Camps and July 1 for the Little Hoosiers Basketball Academy. There will be a $25 cancellation fee assessed for those requests before each camp’s respective deadline. Any cancellation after these deadlines will constitute a $100 cancellation fee. There will be no refunds or discounts for late arrivals or no-shows.
CAmp TRANSFERS/session changes
- A $25 fee will be assessed for campers who transfer from one camp to another camp or from one session of a camp to another session of the same camp.
- All campers will be covered under a limited accidental injury policy for expenses related to injuries sustained while at camp that are not covered by the camper’s private insurance. Athletic trainers will be present during all camp activities. Please list any medications or allergies your child has on registration form.
- The camp director reserves the right to dismiss a camper for improper behavior or conduct. Tuition will not be refunded for any voluntary withdrawal or expulsion from Indiana Basketball Camps.
- For transportation from the Indianapolis Airport, contact 1-800-589- 6004 or 812-332-6004. We do not provide transportation from the Indianapolis Airport.
- Camp staff will consist of Coach Tom Crean, IU assistant coaches and staff, IU players, and experienced camp counselors
- Campers will play in historic Assembly Hall
- Individual and team-play instruction and competition
- Instructional groups will be balanced according to age and ability
- Teams will be divided equally. Although competition is emphasized, individual offensive and defensive skill improvement is stressed
- Stay and Play Overnight option for Competition and Instruction Camps (see camp description)
- Parents are invited to attend any of the instruction sessions
- Each camper will receive a camp T-shirt
- Individual and team awards will be awarded at each camp
- A camp store will be available for campers where they can set up a camp bank account in order to eliminate the burden of keeping track of their cash.