2015 Little Hoosier Basketball Academy - Session I
Rising Grades 1-4, 9 a.m. - Noon
Rising Grades 5-6, 1:30-4:30 p.m.
Registration Coming Soon!
2015 Little Hoosier Basketball Academy - Session II
Rising Grades 5-6, 9 a.m. - Noon
Rising Grades 1-4, 1:30-4:30 p.m.
Registration Coming Soon!
All camps open to all and any entrants
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
- Phone: 1-812-345-7759
- E-Mail: For Further Information!
- Register On-Line: Coming Soon!
- Download Camp Brochure: Coming Soon!
ALREADY THINKING ABOUT CAMPS IN 2015? CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP TO RECEIVE INFORMATION AS SOON AS IT BECOMES AVAILABLE! You can also follow us on Facebook to receive the latest camp information!
A Message from Indiana Coach Tom Crean:
When I accepted the position of Head Basketball Coach at Indiana University I knew that building a great basketball program would take time. That's because great teams are made of great players - and great players aren't born great, they're DEVELOPED. The success our team enjoyed the last couple seasons - including the 2013 Big Ten Championship - was a direct result of the hard work, dedication, and practice/preparation that each player and coach put into each and every day. While our players are among the best collegiate players in the nation, their skills and ability must be tested every day for them to reach their potential. It's no coincidence that our players' basic set of skills and their passion for playing the great sport of basketball were developed at a young age - long before they arrived on our campus. Our summer basketball camps and experiences are offered to address these very things: introducing and improving basketball skills and fueling our participants' passion for the game and specifically for Indiana Hoosier Basketball!
My camp coaching staff and I have had the pleasure of coaching hundreds of campers each summer and it's been a thrill to watch them develop through a variety of skill instruction sessions, games, and competitive challenge situations. The construction at Assembly Hall has prevented us from offering the full ensemble of camps that we usually have to choose from, but we are excited that in July, we will have two sessions of the Little Hoosier Basketball Academy for boys and girls to choose from. Each session offers an option for kids entering grades 1-4 and 5-6. We believe all attendees will find out that we offer one of the best camp experiences in the country. Campers will play at our basketball development center, Cook Hall, one of the nation's premiere basketball facilities. Additionally, our campers are taught by the best: the collection of my assistant coaches & support staff, our current players, and former Hoosier players will teach basketball the way it was meant to be played - the Indiana Way!
Please take a few minutes to read about our camp options. I hope you join us this summer for what promises to be a great opportunity to experience Indiana Hoosier Basketball.
2014 CAMP DESCRIPTIONS
Little Hoosiers Basketball Academy
- Session I - July 8-10, 2015; 9 a.m. - Noon (Grades 1-4); 1:30-4:30 p.m. (Grades 5-6) - REGISTRATION COMING SOON!
- Session II - July 16-18, 2015; 9 a.m. - Noon (Grades 5-6); 1:30-4:30 p.m. (Grades 1-4) - REGISTRATION COMING SOON!
- Open to Boys & Girls Entering Grades 1-6
- Cost: $165 (includes basketball and T-shirt)
- Check-in: included in confirmation
Designed specifically to provide a positive environment, The Little Hoosier Basketball Academy aims to introduce and excite kids about the game of basketball by teaching the basic fundamentals of the game through a variety of drills, contests, and games.
The Indiana Basketball staff and players will provide the instruction and supervision, but parents and babysitters are welcome to stay and perhaps learn a few techniques and drills that they can share with their children throughout their development as basketball players. Each camper will receive a camp T-Shirt, a basketball (water and Gatorade will also be provided), and a snack. Please note each week of the LHBA is instructionally the same.
- Campers will compete at the brand new, state-of-the-art Indiana Basketball Development Center.
- The staff will consist of Head Coach Tom Crean, his assistants, current players, and former players.
- A cancellation must be requested by July 1 for the Little Hoosier Basketball Academies. There will be a $25 cancellation fee assessed for those requests before each camp’s respective deadline. Any cancellation after these deadlines will constitute a $100 cancellation fee. There will be no refunds or discounts for late arrivals or no-shows.
CAmp TRANSFERS/session changes
- A $25 fee will be assessed for campers who transfer from one camp to another camp or from one session of a camp to another session of the same camp.
- All campers will be covered under a limited accidental injury policy for expenses related to injuries sustained while at camp that are not covered by the camper’s private insurance. Athletic trainers will be present during all camp activities. Please list any medications or allergies your child has on registration form.
- The camp director reserves the right to dismiss a camper for improper behavior or conduct. Tuition will not be refunded for any voluntary withdrawal or expulsion from Indiana Basketball Camps.
- For transportation from the Indianapolis Airport, contact 1-800-589- 6004 or 812-332-6004. We do not provide transportation from the Indianapolis Airport.
- Camp staff will consist of Coach Tom Crean, assistant coaches and staff, and players
- Campers will play in Cook Hall
- Individual and team-play instruction and competition
- Instructional groups will be balanced according to age and ability
- Teams will be divided equally. Although competition is emphasized, individual offensive and defensive skill improvement is stressed
- Parents are invited to attend any of the instruction sessions
- Each camper will receive a camp T-shirt
- Individual and team awards will be awarded at each camp
- A camp store will be available for campers where they can set up a camp bank account in order to eliminate the burden of keeping track of their cash.